Saturday, November 2, 2013

"Normal" Has Settled In !

Hi Family!

Life back on campus full time has taken over. We sorta have a normal again. Here it is:

Tuesday-Thursday: meet with students one on one, be on campus
Wednesday evening: pot luck and prayer at the Thooft house
Friday-Sat: time with our kids and friends, and sometimes game nights with students
Sunday: large group meeting with students on campus. We go to Sunday morning service when we can
Monday: REST, except for Phil's mens group in the evening

Sept- move in and welcome
Oct- Fall Retreat
Nov- Staff training and Father Heart Seminar in Duluth
Dec- Christmas Tea Salt fundraiser
Jan- SALT conference in Des Moines, IA
....and then it's three months til the end of the year!! TIME FLIES!

There are 34 names in my group text, and we talk to them several times a week. Some of them have been pursuing more time with us, and some haven't. Some come to Sunday night, some to Wednesday night, some we just meet with one-on-one.  One young lady I met with for coffee didn't know what I meant when I asked her to tell me her story with the Lord. She said, "I don't know- I need you to tell me what I need!"  So I spent the next hour telling her the story of the gospel. It was awesome.

Fall Retreat was amazing- we had fifteen students attend with us, and all of them saw God change their lives. Two were baptized in the freezing cold lake :) All of them have been involved in one way or another since.

There are signs of life everywhere. We have heard more than once from students telling us that God is changing their lives through Chi Alpha. Praise God!  Here's one I got after a Sunday Night Vive:

"God's timing is so perfect and he is so intimate with the details of our lives! Cuz tonight was exactly what I needed to hear for what's been going on with me!"  There is more work to be done than our little family can do- so please pray for harvesters!

Thank you so much for your love and support!  Here are some Fall Retreat pictures....











No comments:

Post a Comment